The Zoning Hearing Board meeting for April 21, 2021 is cancelled due to a lack of business.
Curbside Brush Pick Up
The Stroudsburg Borough Street Department will pick up brush curbside on April 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, and 30, 2021. Materials collected are limited to tree branches and prunings, twigs, small bushes (without root ball), hedges and tree logs not exceeding 5-inches in diameter. Limbs must be cut to a 4-foot length and tied in bundles not exceeding 50 pounds. Other materials should be placed in containers for easy pick up. Place materials curbside prior to 8 a.m.
Note that this program does NOT include pick up of grass clippings, leaves, flowers, vines, roots, or garden and vegetable plants. These items should be composted.
COVID-19 Crisis Counseling is available. Connect with a FREE crisis counselor
Click here for more information.
2023 12-Year DOT Program Public Comment Period
The Public Comment Period for the 2023 12-Year Program Update began Monday, March 1, and continues through Wednesday, April 14, 2021. It includes a Transportation Survey and Online Public Forum with Pennsylvania’s Secretary of Transportation as the keynote speaker.
Notice to all Residents and Taxpayers: Please be sure to identify your home/ building address by placing your house/building number in a visible area either on the building or on your mailbox. This will help emergency service personnel locate you if there is a need for service. Thank you for helping us help you!
The enforcement of metered parking and all other parking regulations will resume on June 8, 2020.
EFFECTIVE MONDAY, MAY 11, 2020, THE TWIN BOROUGHS RECYCLING CENTER WILL BE OPEN DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS! Recycling Drop Off, Yard Waste/Brush, and Mulch Pile will be open to residents of the Borough of Stroudsburg! Until further notice, electronics will NOT be accepted at the drop off yard.
For everyone's safety, please follow the below protocol while visiting the recycling center:
- No more than three people at a time in the yard for drop off
- No more than two people at a time for yard waste drop off
- No more than three people at a time for mulch
- The employee checking ID’s shall wear a mask when dealing with the public
- Employees shall practice safe social distancing with the public and other employees
- No more than three employees at a time shall be allowed in the trailer at one time, all employees shall wear a mask when inside any building, vehicle or when dealing with the public.
ALL OFFICES OF THE BOROUGH OF STROUDSBURG
ARE CLOSED FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE DUE
TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC SITUATION.
- CURBSIDE PICK-UP OF RECYCLABLES WILL RESUME ON APRIL 7, 8, AND 9, 2020 ACCORDING TO THE NORMAL PICK UP SCHEDULE.
- PARKING TICKET PAYMENTS MAY BE MADE VIA THE LINK ON THE BOROUGH WEBSITE www.stroudsburgboro.com OR BY PLACING YOUR PAYMENT WITH THE TICKET IN AN ENVELOPE IN THE DROP BOX AT THE CURB.
- PUBLIC WORKS IS AVAILABLE FOR EMERGENCIES AS USUAL.
Effective Tuesday, March 31, 2020 3:00 P.M.
Welcome to the Borough of Stroudsburg
Stroudsburg is a local government located in the heart of the Pocono Mountain region of northeast Pennsylvania. The Borough boasts a bustling downtown area with a wonderful assortment of shops and restaurants – it is THE premiere downtown area of the Poconos.
The Borough will not reimburse for contractor fees if the Borough is not contacted first and the blockage is in the Borough’s sewer main.
Please contact the Department of Public Works at 570-421-0490 during normal business hours (Monday – Friday 7:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.)
During Non-business hours please contact Monroe County Control Center at 570-992-9911