There are numerous recreation and play opportunities throughout the Borough of Stroudsburg.
- Stroudsburg Borough Park is located off W. Main Street Adjacent to the High School. This park contains a new playground, and a newly remodeled pool and picnic pavilion area. Some of the new additions at the pool includes heating the pool, diving tank, new slides and an upgrade to the bath house. Situated along Pocono Creek, the park is accessible for fishing.
- Helen Amhurst Third Street Park is located on Third Street and was recently renovated. It has basketball courts, a playground, and sand volleyball court.
- Glen Park is located at the end of Collins Street in South Stroudsburg. It has softball/soccer fields and bike trails. Fishing is available along the Brodhead Creek.
- Rotary (Ann Street) Park is at the corner of Broad Street and Ann Street. It offers excellent fishing along McMichael’s Creek and a nice area to view the falls.
- Bryant Park is located at the corner of Broad Street and Bryant Street. This is a passive park with a grassy area and a picnic table for a quiet, relaxing retreat.
The use of alcohol is prohibited in any of the parks or on public property.
Summer Recreation Program
Stroud Kids is a structured recreational day camp program for youth entering into first through the seventh grades. The program is administered jointly by Stroudsburg, East Stroudsburg, and Stroud Township through the Stroud Region Open Space & Recreation Commission. This program is operated at two park locations; Stroudsburg Borough Park and Dansbury Park, East Stroudsburg, and is open to all who live and work in the Stroud Region Area.
The goal of the Stroud Kids program is to provide a safe and enjoyable summer atmosphere built around child-centered activities that help children develop positive life long leisure and social skills. Activities include arts & crafts, active and passive games, sports, playground and water games, and special events. The Commission’s believes that the children who attend the Stroud Kids Day Camp should receive care, encouragement to try new things, and have opportunities explore nature to promote individual growth.
For more information visit http://www.srosrc.org/ .
Swimming Lessons are also available. Swim lesson Updated Flier 2018
(There is a separate registration for swim lessons and testing is required – date to be announced)
Ages: 5 to 12 years old
Summer Pool Passes
Season Pool Passes are available prior to the season at the Stroud Region Open Space and Recreation Commission (SROSRC) office located at 15 Day Street, East Stroudsburg, PA and at the pool after the season has begun.
When purchasing a pass, please bring proof of residency such as a tax, water, or sewer bill because residents of Stroudsburg Borough and Stroud Township can receive a reduced cost pass. There are different prices for different age groups, all quite reasonable.
Brochures with pool schedules will be available at the SROSRC office and mailed to the general public early each year. Schedules include times for lap swims, American Red Cross swim lessons, family swimming, senior citizens only, and open swim. The pool is also available for Pool Parties. Registration for swim lessons will be in May/June, so please check the brochure or contact SROSRC at 570-426-1512 for information regarding swim lessons and pool fees.