Stroudsburg Borough Council will conduct a Public Hearing on Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 7:00 pm as part of the regularly scheduled meeting. The purpose of the Public Hearing is to consider public input and determine boundaries of a “deteriorated area or areas” pursuant to Pennsylvania’s Local Economic Revitalization Tax Assistance Act (“LERTA”).
Public Hearing on Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 7:00 pm as part of the regularly scheduled meeting to consider a zoning amendment to define and restrict short-term home rentals as permitted uses in certain of the Borough’s non-residential zoning districts
The Stroudsburg Borough Shade Tree Commission will meet at 4:00 P.M. on Thursday, May 21, 2020 outside of the Stroudsburg Borough Municipal Building, 407 Sarah Street, Stroudsburg, PA 18360 to conduct its normal business. Formal action may be taken at the discretion of the Commission.
SPRING CLEANUP &BULK ITEM DROP-OFF
SATURDAY, JUNE 13, 2019–7:00 A.M. to 12:00 NOON
AT THE BOROUGH SHED, 118 Borough Street, off of North Tenth Street
PROOF OF BOROUGH RESIDENCY REQUIRED
Click for more information
EFFECTIVE MONDAY, MAY 11, 2020, THE TWIN BOROUGHS RECYCLING CENTER WILL BE OPEN DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS! Recycling Drop Off, Yard Waste/Brush, and Mulch Pile will be open to residents of the Borough of Stroudsburg! Until further notice, electronics will NOT be accepted at the drop off yard.
For everyone's safety, please follow the below protocol while visiting the recycling center:
- No more than three people at a time in the yard for drop off
- No more than two people at a time for yard waste drop off
- No more than three people at a time for mulch
- The employee checking ID’s shall wear a mask when dealing with the public
- Employees shall practice safe social distancing with the public and other employees
- No more than three employees at a time shall be allowed in the trailer at one time, all employees shall wear a mask when inside any building, vehicle or when dealing with the public.
ALL OFFICES OF THE BOROUGH OF STROUDSBURG
ARE CLOSED FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE DUE
TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC SITUATION.
- CURBSIDE PICK-UP OF RECYCLABLES WILL RESUME ON APRIL 7, 8, AND 9, 2020 ACCORDING TO THE NORMAL PICK UP SCHEDULE.
- PARKING TICKET PAYMENTS MAY BE MADE VIA THE LINK ON THE BOROUGH WEBSITE www.stroudsburgboro.com OR BY PLACING YOUR PAYMENT WITH THE TICKET IN AN ENVELOPE IN THE DROP BOX AT THE CURB.
- PUBLIC WORKS IS AVAILABLE FOR EMERGENCIES AS USUAL.
Effective Tuesday, March 31, 2020 3:00 P.M.
Welcome to the Borough of Stroudsburg
Stroudsburg is a local government located in the heart of the Pocono Mountain region of northeast Pennsylvania. The Borough boasts a bustling downtown area with a wonderful assortment of shops and restaurants – it is THE premiere downtown area of the Poconos.
The Borough will not reimburse for contractor fees if the Borough is not contacted first and the blockage is in the Borough’s sewer main.
Please contact the Department of Public Works at 570-421-0490 during normal business hours (Monday – Friday 7:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.)
During Non-business hours please contact Monroe County Control Center at 570-992-9911