The Borough of Stroudsburg’s Planning Commission gives notice that the scheduled public meeting on Monday, September 14, 2020, at 6:00 PM will occur electronically and by audio, via Zoom at the following link:
Meeting ID: 870 0927 6854
or by calling +1 929 205 6099
The Borough Municipal Building and Council Chambers remain closed, except for employees due to the Borough’s March 17, 2020 Local Disaster Emergency Declaration. The public can view the meeting agenda in advance by accessing the Borough’s website at www.stroudsburgboro.com.
The public can join in the Zoom livestream by following the link on the Borough’s website page and submit public comment through the keyboard prompt to the host administrator, by video participation, or audio participation. Anyone requiring further assistance in participating can contact the Borough Zoning Secretary at (570) 421-5444, x103.
Eastern Monroe Active Transportation Plan, Final Draft September 2020
Click here to view the Transportation Plan.
The following parks in the Borough of Stroudsburg will be open on Friday, June 19, 2020:
Ann Street Park
Rotary Creek Park
Stroudsburg Borough Playground & Skate Park
The enforcement of metered parking and all other parking regulations will resume on June 8, 2020.
EFFECTIVE MONDAY, MAY 11, 2020, THE TWIN BOROUGHS RECYCLING CENTER WILL BE OPEN DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS! Recycling Drop Off, Yard Waste/Brush, and Mulch Pile will be open to residents of the Borough of Stroudsburg! Until further notice, electronics will NOT be accepted at the drop off yard.
For everyone's safety, please follow the below protocol while visiting the recycling center:
- No more than three people at a time in the yard for drop off
- No more than two people at a time for yard waste drop off
- No more than three people at a time for mulch
- The employee checking ID’s shall wear a mask when dealing with the public
- Employees shall practice safe social distancing with the public and other employees
- No more than three employees at a time shall be allowed in the trailer at one time, all employees shall wear a mask when inside any building, vehicle or when dealing with the public.
ALL OFFICES OF THE BOROUGH OF STROUDSBURG
ARE CLOSED FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE DUE
TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC SITUATION.
- CURBSIDE PICK-UP OF RECYCLABLES WILL RESUME ON APRIL 7, 8, AND 9, 2020 ACCORDING TO THE NORMAL PICK UP SCHEDULE.
- PARKING TICKET PAYMENTS MAY BE MADE VIA THE LINK ON THE BOROUGH WEBSITE www.stroudsburgboro.com OR BY PLACING YOUR PAYMENT WITH THE TICKET IN AN ENVELOPE IN THE DROP BOX AT THE CURB.
- PUBLIC WORKS IS AVAILABLE FOR EMERGENCIES AS USUAL.
Effective Tuesday, March 31, 2020 3:00 P.M.
Welcome to the Borough of Stroudsburg
Stroudsburg is a local government located in the heart of the Pocono Mountain region of northeast Pennsylvania. The Borough boasts a bustling downtown area with a wonderful assortment of shops and restaurants – it is THE premiere downtown area of the Poconos.
Also, Monroe County is considering applications to be submitted utilizing their previous program year funds under their CDBG Local Revolving Loan Fund for the effects of COVID-19 on local businesses.
The Borough will not reimburse for contractor fees if the Borough is not contacted first and the blockage is in the Borough’s sewer main.
Please contact the Department of Public Works at 570-421-0490 during normal business hours (Monday – Friday 7:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.)
During Non-business hours please contact Monroe County Control Center at 570-992-9911